As part of the Economic Action Plan 2014, The Sinneave Family Foundation and Autism Speaks Canada were provided with $11.4 million over four years from the Government of Canada’s Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities Program to develop, implement and evaluate a suite of pre-employment training programs in five regions across Canada focused on improving the employment outcomes for individuals with autism. EmploymentWorks was one of the programs developed and expanded through this investment.
The program reached over 500 participants at 10 organizations across Canada and exceeded outcome expectations. This collective effort has helped to secure funding for a new national initiative, the EmploymentWorks National Project.
Our thanks goes out to the leadership and program staff at the following organizations who helped us get there:
• Centre for Autism Services Alberta (Edmonton, AB)
• Abilities Centre (Whitby, ON)
• Geneva Centre for Autism (Toronto, ON)
• The Sinneave Family Foundation (Calgary, AB)
• SaskAbilities (Saskatoon, SK)
• Pacific Autism Family Network (Vancouver, BC)
• Kerry’s Place Autism Services (Aurora, ON)
• Miriam Foundation – See Things My Way (Montreal, QC)
• Autism Nova Scotia (Halifax, NS)
• Autism Society of Newfoundland & Labrador (St. John’s NL)